Friday 19 April 2013

Advice 101: Anxiety*

     I know a lot of people who have really bad anxiety... why? Simple things can trigger them. We went to a music festival yesterday and when it was our turn to play. I sat in the front row with a couple of other people. Before we started I asked if they were nervous, sure enough they were but why? I could tell from their faces that they were coming down with some anxiety. Personally I wasn't nervous but it felt nice performing on the large stage. We played magnificent over all - maybe not as magnificent as one school but we still came out winners. When you're really nervous and start biting your lip, knocking your knees, shaking your hands or even get sweaty hands... Just remember how you'll feel when it's all over with. The relieved stress is no more. Take a breath, watch your step and just have fun performing like when you're having fun with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment